The University of Minnesota Police Department outdoor range is in Rosemount, Minnesota and features a computer controlled targeting system with twenty-five (25) shooting lanes, a running man system and a sniper deck. The range offers shooting distances of 3 to 100 yards. The range has a classroom building that can sit up to 30 people. The range is available for rental to law enforcement and non-law enforcement groups for training purposes.
- The range is available Monday through Friday from 0800-2200 hours and is open year-round.
- The range can be used from 2200-0000 and on weekends by special request.
- The fee for the range is $125 per hour.
- Included in the fees are a Range Safety Officer, full range and classroom use, target backers and barricades
- There is a $200 no-show fee.
- Renters that use fully automatic fire at the range will be billed double for those hours ($200) and will be billed at hour increments. The range safety officer will keep track of time for billing purposes.
- The UMPD reserves the right to manage rental reservations and may restrict usage times to morning, afternoon, and evening blocks of time.
- The agency/group will be billed by invoice for time used.
- The range utilizes Caswell Range Master 9000 software
Make a Reservation
Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure all the correct paperwork is filled out. If you have questions, please call Shannon at 612-626-5304.
In order to use the range you must:
- Review the UMPD Firing Range Rules
- Check the Range Calendar for availability of dates you are requesting.
- Print and complete the appropriate Use Agreement and Range Reservation Application listed below
- Please call Shannon at 612-626-5304, when all paperwork is completed, to make the reservation.
- Submit completed paperwork by fax at 612-626-0534 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.